Monday, May 18, 2015

We've Come A Long Way...

 


I know it's been a couple of weeks since I have posted anything new but I have been inspired to write today. I was asked a couple of weeks ago by a dear friend, as to where I saw this blog going and what exactly was my intention. My intention at first was to continue talking about my childless/loveless life and see where that went to eventually make something bigger I had in mind, with the opinions of others but things change. I started to really think about this because if I go back to my first post and read on to the very last, you'll see for yourself how much things have changed. My mind, my writing, my love for God. It's all changed and for the better. I can't determine where my life will be in 5 years or whether or not I will find the man of my dreams and want to have his children, so I won't pretend that the girl who wrote the first post is still here. My only intention is to express myself and if I were to inspire someone along the way then I can only hope that it was fate. I have said time and time again how I am a strong believer in "Everything happens for a reason" and I will always stick to that. A lot has happened. Good and bad of course but mostly good.
From leaving on a small vacation trip to Mexico I started feeling completely different from when I went on a cruise the first time and it dawned on me just how much my mind set had changed. I needed to come to the realization that I am not in control and I needed to accept what was happening, to maybe learn from it. Even though there was times I wanted to go back home, there was still little moments I cherished and I did get to scratch something off the bucket list. 
A few days later I had to say good bye to my sister and the kids as they went to Honduras for my brother in law's residency. After 10 long years I can tell you today that he is now a legal resident of the USA. With a lot of patience and struggle they have made it, so now I have to wait patiently till they get back on the 29th because Lord knows how much I have missed them.
 
Let's talk about sex now and how much my life has changed in that particular department. I am aware this is going to be read by people that have no clue about my personal life like this but this is my blog after all so if you don't like it you can press the X on the top right of the screen. I pride myself on this because I know how strong my self control is. So here goes nothing... next month it will be a year that I have been abstinent and I am damn proud of this. Not a lot of 27 year olds that have already had sex can say that. I have been laughed at plenty and it has yet to shake me, I have been taken as a challenge for some guys that didn't think I was serious about it and I stood my ground. One guy even got slapped. I am aware that being a "Miami girl", guys think that we are all easy when it comes to laying us down but I am here to tell you that not all of us are the same. I am not trying to criticize those who "go with the flow" because who am I? I just know myself well enough to not do that anymore. Some of these guys just don't understand what respect means now a days and it's just sad. Get to know us, make us laugh, fall in love with our soul. Is that too much to ask for? I can only continue to pray that one day I will find the right man for me and hope for the best from there on.
Change is inevitable and if I have God by my side then I will be okay.
Well those are all the updates I have for you this evening!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment