Sunday, January 4, 2015

My First Dip Into Online Dating...

The Not So Great Singer & The Liar

 

 
Living in Miami and dating is a job on its own. I am sure with all the
stories my friends and I have, we can have our own radio show. No lie.
From smelling my hair to singing NSYNC and Britney Spears to me was one
of the very first dates I had from a guy on POF (PlentyOfFish.com). "Don't go yet! Let
me finish the song!" He said. I stood there wondering where the cameras were
assuming this must have been a joke. Nope. He was serious. Ha!
How much weirder could the night have gotten? Obviously I did not continue
talking to that one. NEXT !
An experience that left a minor scar was one to involve one of my
good friends. From the very beginning of getting to know these guys online
we obviously ask a lot of questions. One of the many questions after getting to know
them a little better and finally meeting is "How many people are you currently
talking to?" I only ask this question when I am interested of course.
Honesty is key people! He told me I was the only one he was talking to while I was
truthful and told him I was talking to 2 other guys at the time. After dating for about a month
or so I put up a picture on Facebook and my friend called me right away. "Steph!
are you with this guy right now?!" she asked. I said "Yes, what's going on?". She went
on to tell me she was dating the same guy. "Leave and call me back ASAP!" she told me.
The truth always comes out sooner or later. Obviously the fact that we were friends was the
honest mistake but the fact that he lied to us both was the issue at hand. When I mentioned
her name to him his face turned white and he didn't say a word. I walked out and he
didn't go after me. The calls began after my friend left him a voice message to forget about
us both. Thankfully I had a flight to catch the next day so I would have a nice distraction visiting
my cousin in Boston. When I got back he asked to see me and of course my nice
side allowed him to explain himself. He asked for my forgiveness and asked me for another
chance. The jerk tells me that I am the safest choice between me and my friend. I looked at him and laughed. Now is when he decides to be blunt?! I don't want to be anyone's safe choice! Seriously?! No one wants to be that person. I'll finish this post stating that I have always been a strong believer in "Everything happens for a reason" and there is always these little moments that I realize someone is definitely looking out for me because it could've been much more serious. 
 
 
 
 
Question:
 
-How honest are you when it comes to dating/getting to know someone?
 
I will continue to share dating stories next week!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment